From the very first moment since you have upgraded yourself from basic internet user, there are much waiting for your enthusiastic hands. We hope that you shall be a blogger, internet marketer, or a developer or any other profession under the niche after acquiring mentioned upgrade. As you know, as a web user, your main tool is a web browser, which has some extra abilities than we expect, at least nowadays. However, if you want to make your web browser multi-functional, you would have to install tens or hundreds of add-ons, also known as extensions, into that software. The real problem comes, when your web browser starts lagging due to the presence of more add-ons, which may make way for application clashes, slower browsing experience etc. Nevertheless, today, we have an awesome solution for you. We are sure that the tool will help all of internet marketers or bloggers, who loves productive stuff to quicken your jobs.
Quix – Yes! It is Quick
Technically speaking, Quix is a bookmarklet, which has some truly productive features in it. Some weeks before, we had introduced you Subtle Bookmarklet – for testing background websites with ease. Quix is also a member of that category, but it has some additional features for any pro-internet user. You can integrate this bookmarklet with your browser, no matter it is Chrome, Mozilla or the ‘famous’ Microsoft Edge. Actually, Quix is a set of scripts, which can do magical things in a browser by letting you move in a productive manner. In addition to merely adding the bookmarklet, there are ways for setting up Quix in a sophisticated manner, with the support of keyboard shortcuts. Now, let us check out the working of the tool.
How to Start Using Quix
For installing this bookmarklet in your browser, you have to first visit the official website of Quix. In this, we are using Google Chrome for showing the integration and working of Quix, though Quix has support for all other popular web browsers. There are two options available. Here, we are checking the first step.
- In the website, on the right-top side, you can see a button named ‘Quix App’ along with one spanner symbol.
- Drag the button into your bookmarks bar.
- You have done it! Wasn’t the installing process too easy?
Once you have done these steps, you can click on the bookmark to get started.
Using Quix is an easy job. You can click on the bookmarklet. In seconds, you can see a dialogue box, like shown below.
As you can see, you have to enter appropriate commands into the text field, which does also mean that commands are the major factor of Quix. Therefore, tens of commands are available for Quix for different purposes. You can find the complete list of commands here. However, we will list out some major and useful Quix commands, useful for purposes such as SEO, Normal Browsing, Development, Social Networking etc.
- d: Pressing d in the dialogue box followed by the term will search Google for defining term. For example, we can type‘d blog’ and it will give you the definition of blog.
- g: g, followed by term, will give you Google search results.
- gs: gs followed by the search term will do custom Google search in the website or blog.
- fb: you can enter ‘fb’ and hit enter to share the current URL in Facebook.
- tn: you can tweet about the current URL by using this command.
- su: Submit the link in StumbleUpon.
- codex: You can search for WordPress codex through this command.
- wptool: This command can open a WordPress toolbar.
- gc: You can check out the Google Cache of current URL.
- nofollow: This command will highlight nofollow links in the webpage.
- seo: This command runs a quick SEO check-up of current website.
- gwt: Opens Google Webmaster Tools for current website.
- bitly: Opening page for shortening URL with bit.ly
- googl: Opening page for shortening URL with goo.gl
All the commands are listed here.
Already there are enough commands in Quix for specific functions. If you think they are not enough, you can start making your own commands for Quix. Moreover, the customization of Quix is a much easy job, as there are a well-arranged syntax and documentation. You can know more about the syntax of Quix from Here. Once you have created your commands, you can use this page for running the code and getting a dedicated version of Quix.
Viewing all that we said, Quix is a must-have tool for all internet users, who do not like to stuff their web browser with hundreds of add-ons and hence making it lagging. What do you think about Quix bookmarklet? Do let us know via comments.